So, this is probably the least technical recipe I’ll ever post so much so that there isn’t any measurements or specific ingredients as you can literally use anything. In this instance I’ve used ready brek with water and strawberries and apple as the fruit as it’s what Isla had left over from her snack this afternoon. To further prove easiness I made these on the coffee table with Isla as it’s pretty hard to go wrong which is why I love this recipe. It’s perfect to get toddlers interested in baking as they enjoy mixing and adding the fruit.
- Water or milk
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan oven)
- Prepare fruit by washing and chopping into small bite sized pieces, in this case I’ve used two strawberries and half an apple
- Add oats (I’ve used ready brek as we had some in the cupboard) and water to a mixing bowl and mix to make a very thick porridge
- Add all the chopped fruit and mix well
- Distribute mix into bar type shapes onto a baking tray
- Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes
- Leave to cool at room temperature
- Serve as a healthy snack or breakfast for your toddler, or even yourself.
Thank you so much for reading! All my recipes are my own so if you use any of them please please please let me know how it worked out. Either by commenting here, on social media or in an email I’d love to see your little ones enjoying their healthy easy oat bars!
Have you seen my Egg and Dairy Free Banana Muffins recipe? Check it out here.